It’s the same story every winter–dry flaky hands. You keep applying lotion but it seems like nothing works. Some fancy creams are just pretty packaging with no staying power. Others might smell good but that’s about it. Some so-called “hand creams” get downgraded to body lotions once we realize our hands aren’t healing.
After much trial and error over the years, I’ve found some hand creams that actually live up to the hype. Below are some of my favorites. Have you tried any of these? Do you have other hand creams that you can’t live without? Share your comments below!
1) Weleda Skin Food – This cream is thick out of the tube but spreads evenly and with no greasy feeling afterwards. And the citrus scent is light but uplifting. It lasts too!
2) Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream – Another citrus scent. Although this product is advertised as a “body” butter, we love it for moisturizing hands too!
3) L’Occitane Lavender Hand Cream – The lavender scent is divine, and the lightweight cream feels like silk.
4) NUXE Reve de Miel Hand and Nails Cream – The subtle honey scent is great for brightening your mood in the office late in the afternoon, when you’re ready for the clock to turn 5:00!
5) L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – The shea scent is heavenly, and the thick formula goes on smooth but lasts a long time.
6) Aquaphor Healing Ointment – An oldie but a goodie. For the most dry, cracked hands in the winter, spread this on at night and wake up with soft hands. It’s also great in the summer for healing dry, cracked feet during sandal season.